We are developing a new approvals process for tweets about the show, so I apologize if #WoTWednesday has been lackluster. In the meantime – check out my mom’s amazing bumper sticker and tell us who your top 5 Forsaken are and why. I’m honestly very intrigued abt people’s answers pic.twitter.com/ZelOHdq5ie
— Rafe Judkins (@rafejudkins) April 18, 2019
First off, it looks like Rafe got in a little bit of trouble for posting a tweet of him on location in Prague (which has since been deleted, but can be viewed here). This explains why we didn’t get a #WoTWednesday post last week.
This week, Rafe asked us all to name our top five Forsaken and why!
As a reminder, which I’m sure you don’t need, here are a list of all of the Forsaken (and there’s a handy link to the character biographies of each, found in our Library!):
- Ishamael / Moridin, the most powerful of the Forsaken, later becoming Nae’blis.
- Aginor / Osan’gar, creator of Shadowspawn, reborn as Osan’gar after he draws in too much of the One Power.
- Balthamel / Aran’gar, the first of the Forsaken to die, who then becomes very effective at hindering Egwene’s plans as Aran’gar.
- Sammael, who hides in the Council of Nine in Illian, eventually being killed by Mashadar in Shadar Logoth.
- Rahvin, who masquerades as Lord Gaebril, in an attempt to take over Andor.
- Be’lal, who… ummm… well, he didn’t do too much, did he? His main purpose was showing that Moiraine does not mess around. You served the Shadow well.
- Demandred, the mysterious man who doesn’t make a real appearance until A Memory of Light, but it was oh so worth the wait.
- Asmodean, the poet, who just wanted to write his music.
- Lanfear / Cyndane, the most powerful female Forsaken, taken out by Moiraine, later brought back much less effective.
- Graendal, the Forsaken who is all about indulgence while also being one of the deadliest ladies out there.
- Semirhage, who played the long game in Seanchan before eventually being broken by Cadsuane.
- Mesaana, who decided to play the long game in Tar Valon, but her mind was eventually broken by Egwene.
- Moghedien, everyone’s favorite spider in the World of Dreams and Nynaeve’s nemesis.
So, who’s your favorite and why?